[Lazarus] Where is the documentation for powtils?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 17:43:36 CEST 2011

On 14 August 2011 16:02, Thierry Coq  wrote:
> I'm trying to use powtils to build an embedded web server. Powtils looks
> useful, but all links pointing to documentation are stale. Could anyone

Powtils has been abandoned by the original author for about 2+ years
already. I still us a stable "working" release (v1.6.0.2), but trunk
never worked or compiled for me. My copy works as-is, and I haven't
found any really problems, but I also don't like using abandoned
software - though I could fix one or two issues if they did come up.
So I might suggest (and I'll probably follow my own advice soon),
rather used something like fcl-web which is well maintained and used
by many.

Here is a copy of the version of powtils I use:

  http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/~graemeg/pwu-1.6.0.2.tar.gz

As for documentation. As far as I know where was just a
skeleton/template class documentation published on the original
authors website. Further one had to simply ask in its mailing list or
look at some of the examples to figure out how it works.

You could also try the "Internet Archive" and see if it maybe grabbed
a copy of what existed a few years back.

  http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Simply type in the broken URL, and click the "Take me back" button -
then see if there are any snapshots.

  - Graeme -