[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : Console App Development

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Mon Aug 15 17:04:37 CEST 2011

> On 15/08/2011 15:14, Ludo Brands wrote:
> > The debugger in lazarus didn't allow me to inspect the
> refcount of the
> > string though and crashed on me.
> Afaik:
>
> (^longint(str)-2)^

I tried to do something similar but that is where gdb crashed on me...

In the mean time I found where the refcount increases:
DoOpenUnknownFile
->CodeToolBoss.GetSourceType
->FCurCodeTool.GetSourceName
->TPascalReaderTool.BuildTree   <- this where the refcount increases to 2

BuildTree is a complex piece of code and I'll need a good night of rest
before attacking this. BeginParsing(Range); increments the refcount but that
is as far as I got. Perhaps the author of the code could shed some light?

Ludo