[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : Console App Development

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Tue Aug 16 09:34:52 CEST 2011

> > With the
> > GTK2 widgedset I see an increase in memory allocated by TCodeBuffer
> > when opening/closing/reopening the same files.
>
> How much increase?

The test I did is the following:
1 Open lazarus with --skip-last-projet
2 File Open, select * files in fpc/packages/univint/.src (450 files, 18M on
disk)
3 close all editor files
4 repeat 2,3
5 repeat 2,3
Looking at a valgrind massif trace I find
-after step 2:
  53M allocated through DOOPENUNKNOWNFILE (first time load)
-after step 4:
  53M allocated through DOOPENUNKNOWNFILE
  16M allocated through DOOPENEDITORFILE  (main.pp:9367 reload file)
-after step 5:
  53M allocated through DOOPENUNKNOWNFILE
  32M allocated through DOOPENEDITORFILE  (main.pp:9367 reload file)

There are intermediate samples and matching the massif samples with the
steps taken isn't straightforward. The last sample taken has 53M+36M. The
default timing is in instrictions, not in seconds. I'll have to retake the
trace and time exactly the steps taken. I did make quit large pauses between
steps but still...

Ludo