[Lazarus] New widgetset

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:13:04 CEST 2011

> This seems to indicate that you use an older version of OpenGL (1.5). AFAIK
> GLSL was included from OpenGL 2.0. So this suggests you should try to update
> your libraries.

GLSL is also available for older OpenGL 1.x, through OpenGL ARB
extensions (ARB_shader_objects and friends). But I don't know if
nvidia-widgetset uses it.

But in this case, the problem is most likely Mesa. You need the latest
Mesa (>= 7.9) to have any chance of GLSL shaders, and they are still
quite unstable (for now).

For now, the advised way to get really advanced OpenGL version, with
full shader support etc., is to enable proprietary drivers, which can
give you OpenGL even > 3 on newer graphic cards. Since you have
Ubuntu, this is trivial, just use System->Administration->Hardware
Drivers. You can easily enable, and later easily disable (if you feel
unclean :) proprietary drivers from there.

HTH,
Michalis