[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : RE : RE : Console App Development

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Wed Aug 17 14:20:25 CEST 2011

> > Luca, out of curiosity, is it related to the same font issue or
> > something else? In other words can you point to some gtk2
> control that
> > being inserted and removed on the form leads to memory increase?
>
> No, it's just the font issue.

Luca,

I had a look with valgrind massif at the problem in
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=18727. The problem is indeed fonts
not being released. I have a patch attached to the issue.
The problem with valgrind and glib is that it generates a lot of false
positives. Setting the evironment variable G_SLICE=always-malloc helps a
lot. It is the equivelent for glib to using cmem in fpc.

Ludo