[Lazarus] RE : Forms in DLL

Juan Sánchez aldeacity at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 13:45:39 CEST 2011

2011/8/19 Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de>

> On 08/18/2011 10:23 AM, Juan Sánchez wrote:
>

>>    Based on the fact that every dll has its own application system,
>>
>>  Did you in fact verify this (different hex values of the content of the
> "Application" variable) ?

Yes, they've got different hex values both in main an dll.

>  I found that there was an important problem. When a main form calls a dll
>> function to create a formfrom dll,
>>
>>  I feel that if there are two different "Application" objects this can't
> work decently. Each "Program" (main program and DLL) need to do their GUI
> handling completely separate, as if they were independent executables. As
> said the communication between the "programs" might be an interesting task.

I think as you. And making new tests I see as you that communication between
these in fact "programs" might be an interesting task.

In my prototype there is a little problem that I got main window goes
disabled when modal windows are shown but in Linux main windows when is
disabled, user can select it and close it while in other OS this window
remains blocked.

Juan.