[Lazarus] Using Laz 32bits to compile 64bits

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Sat Aug 20 20:04:28 CEST 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Marcos Douglas schrieb:
>
>> Question:
>> I can compile a new fpc.exe to 64bit using a ppc386.exe 32bit version,
>> on a machine 64bit?
>
> Yes and no ;-)
>
> Yes, you can create an ppcrossx64.exe, along with the 64 bit libraries,
> using ppc386.exe.

Sorry, do I need ppcrossx64.exe?
I do not want use cross-compile. I said I have two Windows versions:
XP and 7. So, I want to use the same FPC/Lazarus code (hd external)
and run a script in WinXP and create my app and, after run other
script and create the same app, but to 64bit target.

I is not necessary to compile the app 64bit on Win32.

Marcos Douglas