[Lazarus] Using Laz 32bits to compile 64bits

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Sun Aug 21 04:37:51 CEST 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Florian Klämpfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Am 20.08.2011 21:19, schrieb Marcos Douglas:
>> I know the fpc.exe just calls ppc386.exe but what advantages to do
>> this?
>
> Regardless of the target processor, it's enough just to call fpc to get
> an executable for the current platform.
The fpc.exe calls the ppcXXX for each target?

BTW, look the attachment. Why there is a some exe files in these paths?
IMHO, Isn't better that each binary stay in \i386-win32 or
\x86_64-win64 directories, for example?

I can use a single FPC source to work with two processors targets? The
binaries above will be replaced when I compile the last time?

Marcos Douglas