[Lazarus] FPC/Lazarus based backup system

ik idokan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 14:24:26 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 13:51, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

> On 08/22/2011 12:38 PM, ik wrote:
>

>> To manage things in a more easy way.
>>
> Dirvish is _very_ easy. And the advantage of rsync is that it does an
> incremental backup without the need for any restore tool. A file browser
> just works for this

I didn know Dirvish, thanks.

>  Even a daemon for automated backups with rsync is good.
>>
> You don't need a dedicated daemon. Chron is provided for this.

Cron is a daemon :)

>  but I do not want to cli every time i need to backup. And I prefer Pascal
>> programs then C/++ based. :)
>>
>>  So you can't use Linux. rsync is just a standard gnu tool provided with
> Linux. And Dirvish is just a script.

Linux is about cli, like Pascal is about begin end.
Cli is one tool in Linuxm but not the only tool.
Begin End is a syntax of Pascal. But Pascal is a programming language. It
create programs, not syntax.

I use cli, where it is needed, but not always itÅ› a good idea to do it. You
need to find the balance where CLI is good and where you need something
more.

> -Michael

Ido