[Lazarus] Help with AllocateHwnd in Lazarus 0.9.30 on WindowsXP

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 20:41:35 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Curt Carpenter <1cjcarpenter at att.net> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if AllocateHwnd is implemented in my version of Lazarus,
> and where I may be going wrong in
> my usage?  I'm stumped.   I see that it was discussed quite a bit in 2007,
> but not sure of the current status.

As I understand potentially any WidgetSet can implement such
functionality, but only windows-related actually implemented it. If
you're going to use it only in Windows, it should work. But for
cross-platform solution you will probably need something else. If your
timer does not require great accuracy /resolution and your program is
lcl-based, I think the safest bet is to use TTimer directly,
programmatically creating and destroying it. Otherwise (you program is
console one, you need micro-second accuracy) imho you have to
implement it on every OS by yourself.

Max