[Lazarus] widgetset roadmap issue query

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 13:37:39 CEST 2011

Hello Lazarus-List,

Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 12:56:54 PM, you wrote:

GG> In the LCL-xxx widgetset roadmap
GG> [http://wiki.freepascal.org/Roadmap],
GG> there are some items under "lcl-fpgui" listed as "Partially
GG> Implemented".  eg: TButton
GG> How or where do I find out what is not working or completed?

Standard tab components should be almost complete, or at least usable,
but as nobody is using the widgetset it is quite difficult to
determine if it is "complete".

GG> Also, how do you test that a widget / component is 100% "working"? Is
GG> there some test app or test suite for this?

No test suite, I simply wrote a form with different objects and handle
different events (most important ones) and check manually that they
works, but event chain order, or operations inside an event could be
not work as expected. I had not seen any serious missing in the
standard tab components (except frame and action list which I do not
know how to test).

There are some missings in the WinAPI compatibility layer like focus
rect (missing xor effect).

TLabel can have serious problems due the WinAPI compatibility.

For sure there are some missing things not tested, like accelerators
and others.

The examples folder can be used as a test suite.

--
Best regards,
 José