[Lazarus] widgetset roadmap issue query

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Aug 24 11:31:29 CEST 2011

On 08/24/2011 10:46 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> I was talking mostly about PostMessage and QueueAsync. I had a vague
> memory about Synchronize requiring something from lcl-interfaces, but
> now I did a search here and it seams that the only thing that
> lcl-interfaces need to do for it is to call CheckSynchronize inside
> the loop of TSomethingWidgetSet.AppProcessMessages
>
> So it seams that Synchronize might be off that list.
As TThread.Synchronize feeds the Event Queue that responsible for
scheduling tasks for the main thread, it obviously is implemented
depending on the setting of the "LCLWidgetType" setting, the value of
which is the horizontal header if the table.

(BTW AFAIK, quite recently TThread.Synchronize did not work with fpGUI,
while it did work w.g. with Win32, but Graeme did make it working by
improving his WidgetType implementation.)

-Michael