[Lazarus] FPDoc content and editor

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:27:56 CEST 2011

On 08/25/2011 09:22 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> The HTML docs contain many empty lines, e.g. the entries in a class
> Declaration are separated by two empty lines, what makes the docs hard
> to read without a lot of scrolling.

By that, do you mean...

  http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/tiopf/core/index.html

vs

  http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/lcl/index.html

NOTE:
The LCL unit listing is double spaced, whereas the tiOPF unit listing
has no extra spacing between lines.

If that is what you meant, then it is a CSS issue that crept up
somewhere. A while back I commented on this and first thought it was the
HTML output writer that changed, but after some investigation, it would
found that it is a CSS file issues.

Here is a direct link to the CSS file I used for the tiOPF HTML
documentation.

  http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/tiopf/core/fpdoc.css

> Similarly for enums and sets, where should the description be stored?
> IMO the enum declaration is the right place for the description of all
> elements, where the elements should be described in a list (<dl>?).

You mean like this:

  http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/tiopf/core/tiobject/tperobjectstate.html

The enum type and it's various values are described as follows in the
XML documentation file.

-------------------------

<element name="TPerObjectState">
<short>The possible states of a TtiObject descendant in memory</short>
</element>

<element name="TPerObjectState.posEmpty">
<short>The object has been created, but not filled with data from the
DB</short>
</element>

> Can somebody provide templates or refer to *good* description entries,
> usable as templates?

I don't understand. Please explain further.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/