[Lazarus] Moderating the bugtracker

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:15:48 CEST 2011

On 8/24/11, Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:
> How does one end up having developer status but no commit rights?

I have no idea. One day I just was "developer".
It was done so that all MaskEdit issues could be assigned to me.

> I personally would give commit rights to some people who constantly provide
> patches, if only they asked for the rights.
> I also realize it is important the person asks for it himself and it is not
> pushed anyhow.

I have never considered asking for it.
It would be yet another thing to learn.
Also I am afraid I might seriously f** up the repository by issuing a
stupid command
(I am the kind of person that can accidentally do a rm -R *)

> Yet, I don't feel the situation is very bad now but it could be better.

An option in the bugtracker to notify a patch is provided for review
would be nice.

Bart