[Lazarus] Language additions breaking IDE

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:54:38 CEST 2011

2011/8/26 Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com>

> About fixing the bug yourself: good luck, honestly.
> Codetools is BIG and learning it may take some time. Don't get frustrated.
>
> It is possible that Anton provides a patch for this issue or that Mattias
> (the author of codetools) fixes it.
> Your new knowledge would still not be wasted because there are many other
> things to improve in Lazarus.
>
> Regards
> Juha

Well, I spent about 1 hour getting an external test going and replicating
the issue using CodeToolBoss and attempting to JumpToMethod with offending
code. I get the same error related to the ';' expected but 'T' found with a
line like "function GetEnumerator: IEnumerator<T>;" inside an interface as a
method.

I stepped through "TCustomCodeTool.ReadNextAtom;" for a while and looked at
related code ... maybe 45 minutes, but still don't have a fix.

I have to do some real work for my boss guy (visual studio project), so I'll
leave this issue for now, though if anyone wants to led me a hand on this
(as a Lazarus newb) I'd be more than appreciative of your help/insights.