[Lazarus] where's the 'X'?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 23:08:41 CEST 2011

On 29/08/2011, Vincent Snijders  wrote:

> This feature is not implemented in the windows page control, it is in gtk2.

And from what I remember there is still a bug in the LCL's GTK2
version. If you did code navigation (Ctrl +Click), then click on the X
in a tab, it closed all other tabs except for the one you clicked on.
:-(  That was a very annoying bug I trigger often.

The Ctrl key state was "sticky" for some reason. I reported this
problem, but can't remember if it was ever fixed - i haven't tried
trunk in ages. I have since been using Ctrl+F4 (close file) instead.

Also not showing the X in the tabs (LCL-GTK2), makes the tabs much
smaller, so you can fit more in the source window without scrolling.
This "larger tabs" issue is only in LCL-GTK2, not in plain GTK2 apps
(eg: gedit, firefox etc).

  - Graeme -