[Lazarus] Single-stepping assembler

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Aug 31 15:32:39 CEST 2011

On 08/31/2011 02:20 PM, Martin wrote:

> To be absolutely sure:
> - you are using the toolbutton, not the keyboard shortcut?

I tried the toolbutton, the F7-Key and the Run->Step Into menu entry.

All do the same action as if the source code editor and not the
"Assembler" window would have the focus. In fact after the action the
source code editor has the focus.

> Can you confirm the settings in your "key mappings" (options dialog),
> in the node "Run menu commands" for
> Step into
Yep
> step over
Yep

> step into instruction
> step over instruction
Where to find this ?

> Step into (context)
> step over (context)

Right-Click on the "Assemble" Window only shows "Copy to clipboard" and
no other context menu entries.

BTW.: There are no "dots" in the Assembler window to allow for setting
breakpoints. Is this intentionally ?

-Michael