[Lazarus] Lazarus Portuguese translation situation

marcelo.bp marcelo.bp at netsite.com.br
Wed Aug 31 15:40:05 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

A heated discussion indeed, isn´t it ?

Just add some more facts to take in account:

- Translations includes all IDE interface, LCL and components as well (so we are talking about 4000+ string lines);
- Some mix of two portuguese word versions like “Ficheiro/Arquivo”, could not be aesthetic. (Well i never saw any interface like that...)
- When translating, is not always possible to deduce the context;

And finally, remember that this is a volunteer job. As a programmer, i always get angry when people say to redo my job. You know, rewrite
code that you know that works just to satisfy some jerk analist, sucks!! Imagine doing this with strings without a solid motive.
Not to mention that Lazarus has a lot work to do.

Just consider this.

Regards,

Marcelo B Paula