[Lazarus] Lazarus Portuguese translation situation

marcelo.bp marcelo.bp at netsite.com.br
Wed Aug 31 18:09:26 CEST 2011

Guys,

I think that you should ask yourselves why is so important to have a localized tool like Lazarus.
If you permit to give my testimony, i have been programming since 1986 and i met Pascal language in 1999 with Delphi4.
During all my professional life i always used tools with english as language. So what.

What is the probability of you get involved with a project, in the near future, that will require a multi-language support?
What is the percentual of programmers that need to use its own language in a IDE to know what they are doing?
Do you started programming recently?

What is the point here ?

When i decided to contribute with Lazarus i thought that making a localized version could contribute to
new programmers get attracted to it and know a great language (Pascal). So, kids could start their experience with a great
language.

I don´t think that there are kids here, in this discussion.

So, lets focus in what matters. Besides the desires of some people here, let´s think what benefits the Lazarus tool.

Otherwise, IMHO, just ask Lazarus team to remove all other language from IDE and uses only english. That´s not a big deal, if you
used Delphi a lot.

Regards,

Marcelo B Paula