[Lazarus] What's the correct way to use TRegexEngine?

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 14:55:37 CET 2011

Hi,

The correct way to use RegEx is like I'm showing below? (I saw this
code in bugtracker)

uses
  RegEx;

var
  VRegEx: TRegexEngine;
  VErrorCode: TRegexError;
  VOffset, VErrorPos, VMatchPos: Integer;
begin
  VRegEx := TRegexEngine.Create('[0-9]');
  try
    try
      VErrorPos := 0;
      VMatchPos := 0;
      VErrorCode := recNone;
      if VRegEx.Parse(VErrorPos, VErrorCode) then
      begin
        VOffset := 1; //<<<------ I use 1 or 0 here? :/
        if VRegEx.MatchString('ABC123', VMatchPos, VOffset) then
          ShowMessage('Match')
        else
          ShowMessage('No Match');
      end
      else
        ShowMessage('Parse Failed');
    except
      on E: Exception do
        ShowMessage('RegEx ERROR: ' + E.Message);
    end;
  finally
    VRegEx.Free;
  end;