[Lazarus] Finished full JVM Android application

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 26 17:40:01 CET 2011

Hello together!

Today I've finished my first JVM Android application. This could as well
be the first (or at least one of the first) complete JVM Android app
written in Pascal at all!

The purpose of the application is for me to keep track which trains I
already rode with (most importantly trains of the subway of Munich). The
trains are categorized in train types and train families. E.g. one train
family would be the subway of Munich, another one is the subway of
Berlin and a third one would be the "suburban train" (S-Bahn) of Munich.
These families are subdivided into the types (for the U-Bahn in Munich
these are "Typ A", "Typ B", "Typ C") and then in each type there are the
single trains together with a count which tells how often I already rode
in that train.
So in the end this application is nothing special (but it simplifies my
life a lot ^^).

It's a conceptual port of an identical Windows Mobile application of
mine. I decided to rewrite it from scratch, because
1. my WinCE application used INI files as a data storage and for Android
I wanted to utilize SQLite
2. I wanted to experience the Android development without any
restrictions by old code.

I have not used Eclipse as an IDE, but only Lazarus, the tools from the
Android SDK and a Makefile for simplified building (and testing).

Attached are some screenshots of this application.

If there is interest I can publish the source code.

Regards,
Sven

@List admins: Sorry if the attached screenshots should be a little bit
to big (~46K).