[Lazarus] Cannot build current trunk - codetools

zeljko at holobit.net zeljko at holobit.net
Sat Dec 3 21:50:04 CET 2011

Quoting Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>:

> On 03.12.2011 18:46, Frank Church wrote:
>> Every now and then I see a message about trunk not compiling or some the
>> feature being broken.
>
> Trunk is supposed to be "use at your own risk". There are phases
> were it's rather save to use trunk, but there are also those where
> it needs to be considered "experimental". An example for this was
> FPC's trunk the last weeks since the merge of the cpstrnew branch.

+1 with one difference. When we do experimental things in Lazarus, then it's
usually ifdeffed , so ordinary users won't be disturbed by new
experimental stuff.Lazarus trunk is usually broken (few times in last
few weeks) because devels forget
to add some unit or don't build lazarus (and test their changes)
before commiting.
Anyway it's fixed in few minutes ... max 1-2 hours, so @Frank: if you
run into broken trunk, then go to lazarus viewvc and see where it's
broken (or write your last good trunk version - that's what I'm
doing), and svn update -r LASTGOODKNOWNTOWORK.

zeljko