[Lazarus] Cannot build current trunk - codetools

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Dec 4 14:07:03 CET 2011

On 04/12/2011 08:30, Frank Church wrote:

>     > I don't know how welcome or apt this comment may be as it
>     appears to a
>     > contentious issue, but it has been on my mind for some time.
>     >
>     > Every now and then I see a message about trunk not compiling or
>     some the
>     > feature being broken.
>     >

> I am not aiming to be critical as such. For a small of group of core
> updaters who are up to date on each others work it won't be problem,
> but occasional users do get bitten every now and then, especially if
> they need some new features in the LCL and other libraries.

If you are using snapshots or SVN then there are risks. And there is a
warning about that.

I know a lot of people use it anyway, and think of it as rather save
(and that provides for a lot of well needed extra testing).

But let me remind you: Just a few weeks back several people lost their
entire project folder, because of a bug in SVN and trunk snapshots.

Anyone taking that risk, should think of being unable to compile the IDE
as a real minor issue.