[Lazarus] Lazarus Package Library (lpk) - Linking question

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 20:18:13 CET 2011

On 8 December 2011 20:46, Krzysztof <dibo20 at wp.pl> wrote:
> Exists any compilator optimization switch for strip unused units from
> project packages?

Enable smartlinking. I believe the smartlinking is not 100% as good as
Delphi. I also know that LCL pulls in a lot more than needed. I don't
know if the latter is due to packages or something else.

What I do know (and what is a real pain with Lazarus Packages), is
that if you want to apply new compiler options or optimization to you
project, you have to apply those same settings to each and every
lazarus package that your project used. This is why I lately prefer to
rather set the Unit Search Path, and macros - thus avoiding the use of
Lazarus Packages completely - and in return reducing the problems you
and I just mentioned.

  - Graeme -