[Lazarus] Check changes on disk with loading

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 15:31:36 CET 2011

2011/12/11 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>

> You are in the wrong trouser. Please come back to us.

What does that mean? The setting didn't work as I expected, no matter which
trousers I wear. :)

I guess the setting has effect when an external process changes a file
while Lazarus has focus. I did not test that now.
I tested changing focus to another editor, changing and saving the file and
giving Lazarus the focus again.
Then I always get the "files have changed on disk" dialog with a diff view
and everything. The setting has no effect for that.

About the wording, Zeljan's version is best so far although it is not
proper English either.
"Check if files changed on disk" or "Check file changes on disk" is better.

Tested on Linux with QT bindings.

Juha