[Lazarus] @DBLookupControls users: call for test

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Mon Dec 12 16:52:26 CET 2011

On 12/12/2011 09:23, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara
> <luizmed at oi.com.br>  wrote:
>> In order to fix some bugs i did significant changes in TDBLookup[List|Combo]Box controls
>>
>> I did a lot of testing but may broken something
>>
>> Please report problems you have
> I found a bug in TDBLookupComboBox
> To reproduce:
> 1. Define properties AutoComplete and AutoDropDown to True;
> 2. Type a new value (the DropDown will open) that not exists in DataSet (list);
> 3. If you type ENTER the combo will clear, because no value on list
> was found (OK);
> 4. Repeat #2. Now if you type [Down] to select a item (use the
> keyboard and don't type ENTER), but after type a new value that not
> exists in DataSet list, the combo is not cleaned.

AFAIK this is the same behavior as before my changes.

It's a drawback from the decision to allow use the dropdown style
(Delphi TDBLookupControl allows only dropdownlist, so no reference here
what's the best approach)

I think is not a good idea to clear the text the user entered. In the
other side the control can have inconsistent values compared to dataset
that is also not good.

Let the other DBLookup users do an opinion. If they think this is the
correct behavior i can implement that (clearing the text that does not
exist in the list).

For myself, i prefer to use dropdownlist, since the chance to user be
confused is smaller.

BTW:
What's your widgetset?
Pressing enter in either cases under win32 does not clear the content
here. Just select the text

Luiz