[Lazarus] RE : @DBLookupControls users: call for test

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Mon Dec 12 18:06:15 CET 2011

On 12/12/2011 13:06, Ludo Brands wrote:
> A difference with Delphi is the fact that the dataset cursor of the
> ListSource doesn't change to the selected record when selecting an item in
> the ListSource. When changing the selected item in a lookup control
> (including dbgrid picklist) all lookup controls using the same ListSource
> are updated to the new record, except for the dataset itself. This behavior
> doesn't make sense.

I also noted the different behavior and did not changed. In my opinion
the LCL behavior is better since ListSource must be used only as lookup
for the data to be displayed and it's cursor should not be changed. It
must change only the field to what is linked

In fact all db controls (not only lookup) linked to the same field are
changed.

Can you post a project example where this cause a problem?

Luiz