[Lazarus] RE : RE : @DBLookupControls users: call for test

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Mon Dec 12 19:03:28 CET 2011

> I also noted the different behavior and did not changed. In
> my opinion
> the LCL behavior is better since ListSource must be used only
> as lookup
> for the data to be displayed and it's cursor should not be
> changed. It
> must change only the field to what is linked

Well, if you use a listsource that is an active datasource for another
control, I would expect the 2 to be in sync. If I want a listsource that is
only a lookup, then I use a different (and probably smaller containing only
1 or 2 fields, filterd, etc) one. An expectation that is perhaps based on an
habit created by Delphi but still...

> In fact all db controls (not only lookup) linked to the same
> field are
> changed.

Linked to the datasource that is, not the ListSource.

> Can you post a project example where this cause a problem?

Ex:Order processing, article detail window opened, customer wants XYZ but
"the one with the round corners". Order taker enters XYZ in order screen and
scrolls through the different values while looking at detail screen until he
finds "round corners" or something similar.
Ex:Order processing, same customer, 2 addresses, 2 ID's. Customer detail
window used to check address, contact person or whatever.
The same can be done without ListSource cursor updates but not as efficient.
It requires more user actions.

Ludo