[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : @DBLookupControls users: call for test

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Mon Dec 12 20:19:37 CET 2011

> > Ex:Order processing, article detail window opened, customer
> wants XYZ
> > but "the one with the round corners". Order taker enters
> XYZ in order
> > screen and scrolls through the different values while looking at
> > detail screen until he finds "round corners" or something similar.
> > Ex:Order processing, same customer, 2 addresses, 2 ID's. Customer
> > detail window used to check address, contact person or whatever.
>

> Wat if i have one field point to a value in the listsource
> and another
> field pointing to another value?
>
> What is the cursor position of the ListSource?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

I know the article is called XYZsomething, I enter XYZ in the lookupfield
(datasource = command line, listsource = articles) and push up and down to
scroll to the one that has "round corners" in the description field that is
displayed in another window (or panel) displaying ListSource. It is XYZ5, I
press enter and my field is updated. That is how it works in Delphi.

> > The same can be done without ListSource cursor updates but not as
> > efficient. It requires more user actions.
> >

> You are looking for a TDataset that implements Master/Detail
> relationship. AFAIK TDBF and TSqlite3Dataset implements that.

I'm familiar with Master/Detail, thank you. This is about scrolling in a
dataset while selecting field data in another dataset. The emphasis is on
while selecting (before posting) and not after entering data as in
Master/Detail.

Ludo