[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : g_variant_new_string: assertion `g_utf8_validate (string, -1, NULL)' failed

ik idokan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 18:46:17 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 19:42, Ludo Brands <ludo.brands at free.fr> wrote:

> A small suggestion for the example: test the libnotify version. The header
> conversion is based on 0.7.0 which is fairly recent. Ubuntu 10.04, the
> latest LTS, still only has version 0.4.5. The example crashes miserably
> with
> this version since notify_notification_new had an additional parameter.

Wow 0.4.5 is from 2008 and unmaintained anymore. In Arch we have newer
version :)
I'll create also binding for the 0.4 version.

> Note also that the example could be reduced to a one-liner without header
> conversion:
>
> Sysutils.ExecuteProcess('/usr/bin/notify-send','-i dialog-information
> "Example for libnotify" "This is a simple example how to use libnotify."');
>
> Notify-send comes with the libnotify package. I guess you need the header
> translation for doing things that aren't possible with notify-send but for
> the average user it is an easier alternative.

Actually I started translating notify-send into Pascal as a bigger example
(and mostly test).
Theidea is to use the library problematically and not  executing external
programs (unlike "normal" users :))