[Lazarus] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: FW: Re: more file operation problems

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 17 14:30:49 CET 2011

On 16.12.2011 14:09, Bart wrote:
> On 12/16/11, Sven Barth<pascaldragon at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> With 2.6 and newer you'll also get an error if you use "String" and the
>> record's unit is compiled in long string mode.
>
> I hope you mean a warning, not an error.
> It would break may of my existing progams.

The error appears only if you try to write(ln)/read(ln) such a record,
because this simply can never work and is also a source of errors as
this thread proves. The same error would appear if you'd have a record
with a "AnsiString" (or "UnicodeString") field instead of the generic
"String".

Regards,
Sven