[Lazarus] *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: FW: Re: more file operation problems

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 17 16:25:06 CET 2011

On 17.12.2011 16:09, Bart wrote:
> On 12/17/11, Sven Barth<pascaldragon at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> The error appears only if you try to write(ln)/read(ln) such a record,
>> because this simply can never work and is also a source of errors as
>> this thread proves. The same error would appear if you'd have a record
>> with a "AnsiString" (or "UnicodeString") field instead of the generic
>> "String".
>
> For the sake of argument: if I wanted, willinlgy, to write such a
> record to (say) a logfile, for debugging purposes, the new fpc won't
> let me?
> Is that Delphi compatible?

I don't know whether it's Delphi compatible, but this error was already
there if you've used AnsiString, so it is a logical extension that this
error also appears if String is an alias to AnsiString.

And yes, the compiler won't let you write such a record (or let you even
define a "file of" type of this record).

Regards,
Sven