[Lazarus] Lazarus strange behaviour

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Dec 20 14:27:51 CET 2011

On 20/12/2011 12:00, Antonio Fortuny wrote:

> Le 20/12/2011 11:22, Martin a écrit :
>>
>> I don't think it is a problem with the installation.
>>
>> Have you tried a simple form with 3 lines in an event?
> yep: it works !!
> So, question: do you have an idea where to search for differences
> between the two projects ?
> The old console program and this new one with GUI which works ?

The first steep I suggest would be to check my suspicion, that the
address given in the error is indeed wrong
"Error accessing memory address 0x72aa47b8"

When reaching the breakpoint, before doing the fatal single step, please
open the disassembler window.
Note the current address, as well as look for any jump. (or copy and
paste around 20 lines of assembler and mail them)

* Also you have not confirmed, that smart linking is off ( 2nd green box
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Debugger_Setup#Project_Options , do a
"build" ctrl-F9 afterwards)

* On the same page you have the dropdown for "choose debug type info"
which defaults to "automatic" => try selecting "dwarf (with sets)"
Do NOT use "dwarf 3"

* An other possibility, in the tree on the left select "Other" (3 below
"linking"). It has a big input field "Custom Options". Enter -Xe

If none of that helps it may be necessary to look at your code.
- inline
- try except/finally
- external libraries (dll)