[Lazarus] Documentation update (CHM building, lazutils)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Dec 30 05:22:12 CET 2011

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

> All three should get their own docs. LCL+LCLBase can be
> bundled.

ACK

>> I also noticed some copies of the RTl docs in docs/xml/rtl but these don't
>> seem to be diffs/additions but full copies (and now it is hard to find out
>> what these actually change). Can these be removed?
>
> DoDi?

These old copies can be removed. There existed (and still exist)
substancial gaps in the RTL documenation, so that I felt a need for a
version usable with Lazarus, but copies certainly are not a solution.

I already verified that one unit can be documented in multiple doc
files, so that it might be easier to supply additional or corrected
documentation in different doc files, extending the FPC provided RTL/FCL
documentation. The contents of all doc files are merged inside the fpdoc
tools, so that the Lazarus added content only has to be updated
(removed) when covered properly by the FPC docs.

I'll resume my work on the FPC and Lazarus documentation when the
documentation manager is finished. The current version requires too many
patches to the FPDoc units, so that I'll implement an independent
package and project structure in the next days. We can start discussing
details right now, if somebody is interested in support for OSTarget
specific or nationalized documentation (in a new thread, please).

DoDi