[Lazarus] Lazarus window pop-up when running from exe???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 09:53:13 CET 2011

I am debugging a program for serial communications using the
SdpoSerial component. I have a very strange problem where the program
sometimes runs OK and sometimes just hangs for very long times in the
communications. If I use the debugger to step into the crucial
functions and then relesae the program it works, but not if I let it
run without breakpoints. Very strange.

So today I decided to see what happens if I just start the exe file
directly and not from within the Lazarus IDE.
First communication attempt worked fine but the next one exhibited the
hangup and since it was running outside of the Lazarus debugger I
tried to close it wit the X button.
Nothing happened for a while and then when I reached for TaskManager
it stopped.

But now the strange thing:
At this moment Lazarus popped up a window that looked like the one
that pops up when one uses the pause button on a program that has
hung. The name is Assembler and it only contains a long list of zeros.

How can the Lazarus IDE interact with a program starting by
doubleclicking in Windows Explorer?

I am running on Windows XP-Pro using FPC 2.4.2 (release), Lazarus
0.9.30_fixes downloaded about a week ago. SdpoSerial is from
SdpoSerialLaz ver 0.1.4 according to Lazarus package manager.

Bo Berglund