[Lazarus] language database

ik idokan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 20:37:27 CET 2011

Hello,

I'm thinking in starting to create a language database unit for Lazarus.
The idea is to know as much as possible about all the needed features of a
language.

For example all the possible encoding for it (UTF7 [not the same as UTF-8
and above],8,16,32,embdic, DOS code page etc...), The country(s) it is being
used officially,
Direction (Right To Left, Top To Down, Left To Right etc..), full name, ISO
names, geographic places (Asia,middle east, far east, europe, latin america,
usa, canada, africa, etc) and so on...

This is not a hard work in developing but it is a lot of work do research
all of this information and I wish to know if anyone will be interested in
such unit, and if so will they be willing to give a hand for it ?

Will you find such unit useful ?
Please note that such unit will make your program bigger to use, but it will
be one more step in the direction of supporting human languages better (I
hope).

Thanks,

Ido
LINESIP - Opening the source for communication
http://www.linesip.com
http://www.linesip.co.il