[Lazarus] software licence question - deceased author

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 10:54:41 CET 2011

Hi,

Somebody asked me an interesting question, and I have no clue as to what
the answer is.

If a software developer released source code as MPL. Then the author
died, due to unforeseen circumstances, does that MPL still apply to that
released source code? ie: Can somebody else take that source code, and
create derivative works using a new licence?  After all, the original
licensing holder doesn't exist anymore.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/