[Lazarus] Lazarus Project Group

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Feb 1 14:35:30 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 01:28:05PM +0100, Sven Barth wrote:
> >> project group concept to keep these easily accessible.
> >
> > I never use them, since switching project without completely closing the
> > former project on Delphi is troublesome if you use relative paths.
>
> I have never experienced something like this. Would you please explain?

There are two problems:

To be able to check out something from a revision system, and build on the
spot, I have relative paths in my project's unit path.

I also have certain files with fixed names in every project.  (e.g.  an
include file with compiler directives etc)

If I change from checkout1 to checkout2 or from project to project, files
opened that exist in both source and the target project remain opened, but
are the wrong versions.

Somehow the project (current?) dir is not changed properly and/or files are
not reloaded with new settings.

A basic workaround is always closing projects before opening new ones. This
forces all open files closed and reloads the context from the new project.

I have this with all Delphi versions btw, d6..DXE