[Lazarus] Some ideas that he editor in Lazarus can have

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 12:55:23 CET 2011

ik schrieb:

> I've created a small list of features that I really like to see in a
> text editor
> <http://idkn.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/features-i-wish-to-see-in-a-text-editoride/>
> (and Lazarus in specific).
> They are just ideas, no obligation for any of them at all, but I would
> really like to hear what you think on them regardless of the
> implementation part.

Nice, but many of your options don't work properly or don't make sense
with multiple editor windows. At least I prefer multiple editor windows,
instead of the simple all-in-one approach of other development systems.

IMO we should get the LCL and IDE work first, before adding features
from other tools.

OTOH it would be nice to allow everybody to add such features, based on
a documentation of the current IDE implementation - and that's the crux,
the implementation will change every now and then :-(

DoDi