[Lazarus] Lazarus under FreeBSD error linking...

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 11:46:20 CET 2011

Liyuan García Caballero wrote:
> El 03/02/11 03:39, Mark Morgan Lloyd escribió:
>> Liyuan García Caballero wrote:
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> I try to compile lazarus under FreeBSD with "gmake clean all" but get
>>> this error:
>>>
>>> Compiling resource ../units/i386-freebsd/lazarus.or
>>> Linking ../lazarus
>>> lazarus.pp(127,1) Error: Can't call the linker, switching to external
>>> linking
>>> lazarus.pp(127,1) Error: Error while linking
>>> lazarus.pp(127,1) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
>>> Fatal: Compilation aborted
>>>
>>> FPC: 2.4.2
>>> Lazarus: 0.9.29-28734-20101217
>>> FreeBSD: 8.1
>>
>> I was able to get most of the way through a Solaris 10 build without
>> seeing anything comparable (it failed due to a missing library).
>> However I've seen that happen on a system which was grossly short of
>> memory- how much is in your system?
>>
> Hi Mark, exactly my memory are 256 MB, now 1 GB linking fine.

There might be something odd in the linker here. I've got one machine
(Linux, SPARC) that this sort of thing happens on, but other machines
with the same distro etc. are fine. I've swapped all memory, switched to
a different system (but with the same type and speed of CPU),
reinstalled the OS with more swap etc. to no avail.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk