[Lazarus] ToDoListLaz

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 16:47:21 CET 2011

Hans-Peter Diettrich kirjoitti perjantai 04 helmikuu 2011 14:43:46:
> > DoDi, please forget the snapshots and load Lazarus directly from SVN
> > server. You can quickly and easily update it to latest version, only the
> > diff is downloaded. If you need to test an older version, it is easy,
> > too.
>
> Sorry, this is not easy at all. The mentioned problems exist with
> *every* installation, and I have more than 10 FPC and Lazarus branches
> on my machine. Some of these may disappear with the next cleanup, but
> currently *every* installation requires another manual setup.
>
> That's why I ask for a "clean" installation procedure, usable by
> everybody with no detailed knowledge about FPC and Lazarus installation.

I guess you need many FPC branches because you develop it, but you should not
need them all built at the same time.
I don't see why you would need many Lazarus versions built at the same time.

I would say keep the branches in a local git repo, then checkout the one you
need and build it. At least with lazarus it works perfectly. I may have
experimets and new development in their own branches, I can jump between them
and build the one I need. A fast machine builds them so quickly that I don't
need to care about it. I can update the latest changes from SVN repo anytime
and a minimum amount of network traffic is needed.
I think you know the concept.
SVN is good for a global server but maintaining local branches with it is a
big pain.

I don't know the details of your FPC installation. It may be more complicated.

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_git-svn

Juha