[Lazarus] I am just wondering

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 23:37:39 CET 2011

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 08:48:10 -0800 (PST), Zelimir Ikovic
<zelimir_ikovic at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is there any VB6 to Lazarus translator, and how difficult would be to make one
>
>Regardsz

Back around 1996 when we switched from VB to Delphi2 there was a
company that sold a product that did VB2Delphi including support for
the database functions (at that time we used Access databases).
We tested the converter and even though it did work it generated a
messy code, which noone wanted to maintain.
So we did not use it for the intended purpose.
But the DAO interface objects supplied by the converter worked
amazingly well with Access and we used that all the way until Delphi5,
when there was a Borland Add-On for ADO. At that time we dropped the
DAO database support objects too and went with ADO.

I would not expect it to be possible really to make a sane machine
conversion so I agree with Graeme that you are probably better off
rewriting the code and use modern OOP techniques instead of bringing
over the VB mess...

Bo Berglund