[Lazarus] Send a ResultSet (encrypted) between 2 servers

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Thu Feb 10 11:43:40 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 3:32 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Op 2011-02-10 01:28, Marcos Douglas het geskryf:
>> If you had to send an encrypted ResultSet between 2 DBMS servers,
>> using port 80, what libs would you use?
>
> Blowfish comes to mind. There is an implementation included with FPC, or
> you can use the more extensive DCPCrypt package. We use the latter for
> our encryption needs.

Right... and about the way to send these ResultSet packages, what would you use?

My problem is:
A site, coded in (old) ASP, will use a ActiveX app to communicate with
an app in other server (my future app). This app will execute some
SELECTs in a DBMS. The result (ResultSet) will be encrypted,
compressed  and  sent to ActiveX app. This descompress, decrypts and
save the ResultSet in your own DBMS.

Marcos Douglas