[Lazarus] Another LCL=Package changes issue

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Feb 10 12:57:48 CET 2011

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:02:17 +0100
Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Now the LCL is automatically recompiled when some change has been
> detected, what do I do if I change something in the FCL/RTL and want to
> rebuild the LCL? And all packages in one go? (Checking which package
> depend on the rtl/fcl change and compile them manually is too much work,
> I discovered after a few days of brain-dead compilations)

The IDE only checks the dates of the fpc.cfg and the
compiler executable. This means installation of a new compiler is
recognized, but changes only to the ppu files are not recognized.

Checking that every time would take some time, especially under
windows. Since only experts do the above and experts don't want slow
down, I think it makes no sense to implement that.

If you compile the FCL/RTL via a script you could remove the file
lazarus/packager/units/cpu-os/FCL.compiled.
Because normally every package uses that one, the IDE will
recompile all packages.

Mattias