[Lazarus] following wiki for new clean install from SVN...

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 11:48:07 CET 2011

Bo Berglund schrieb:

> My batch file looks like this:
>
> @echo off
> echo This will build lazarus 0_9_30_fixes branch with FPC 2.4.2
> echo If this is not OK then use ctrl-c to exit.
> pause
> set PATH=C:\Programs\lazarus\fpc\2.4.2\bin\i386-win32
> make.exe clean all
> pause

This is essentially the same batch that I use :-)

>> - Concentrate on the essential. For example installing and using TortoiseSVN
>> should NOT be documented at the same page with Lazarus installation
>> (naturally).
>
> I believe that someone who has not used SVN but need it in order to
> get the sources should really be adviced to install the command line
> SVN, because TSVN is really very confusing and invades the Windows
> Explorer no end.

We should keep in mind that there are two groups of users, those
prefering a GUI, and those prefereing a console. I for my part am very
happy with TSVN (and GitGUI).

Perhaps we should add instructions for configuring a Lazarus desktop
icon (with --pcp etc.) or an according batch file.

> But please put a few links on the wiki page showing where to get the
> SVN client! There seems to be a whole lot of such floating around and
> it is very confusing for a SVNebie....

ACK - in the hope that the links will not expire soon...

DoDi