[Lazarus] Send a ResultSet (encrypted) between 2 servers

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Feb 10 14:34:41 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 10:09 -0300, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Midas is a web-service. (At least when is uses port 80)
> >
> > But if you want to use something Midas-like, you can just build it
> > yourself, as I wrote before.
> >
> > Load the data into a TBufDataset. Then write the data to a stream. (You
> > may choose the format: xml (midas-compatible) or binary)
> > Then encode that stream, and send it using tcp/ip.
> >
> > If you want to know what packages you need for this:
> >
> > Database: sqldb
> > Encoding: choose whatever you want, Graeme mentioned Blowfish
> > tcp/ip: choose whatever you want, I mentioned lNet, Synapse and Indy
>
> Many tips, thanks.
>
> > Further it's easy:
> >
> > You need a server, which listens to port 80 (use Indy, lNet, Synapse)
> > and when it retrieves data decrypt is, and load it into a TBufDataset
> > using a stream.
> >
> > And you need a client, which loads the data from a TBufDataset, encrypt
> > it and opens a connection to the server on port 80 (use Indy, lNet,
> > Synapse) and sends the data.
> >
> > This is what Midas does for you. If you don't want to use an existing
> > WebService, you have to code this yourself.
>
> You think I shouLd use WebService. How is this implementation in FPC,
> stable or is better do this in Delphi 7? (if I will use WebService).

You have to use a webservice by definition. You could use wst, but
that's overkill. But to be honest: in your case I think it's indeed
better to use something home-made.

I know that others also had problems like these. Adding something like
Midas is on my todo-list for a long time.

We can try to build the basic blocks you need so that it works for you.
Thereafter we can (maybe that MvC can help) design a structure to make
it more general.

First step is to export the data from a TBufDataset to a stream. See if
you can do that and report back. Do you already use sqldb to obtain your
data?

Joost.