[Lazarus] SdpoSerial port open problems

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:18:41 CET 2011

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:19:21 +0000, Paulo Costa <paco at fe.up.pt> wrote:

>On 10/02/2011 06:47, Bo Berglund wrote:
>

>> Some questions:
>>
>> 1) How do I set the baudrate with this application?
>>
>> 2) What means "Server" and "Client" in the RS232 context?
>>
>> 3) Is there some form of use instruction too?
>>
>> I don't really understand it....
>

>Thata was only to see what happens when you try to open a "bad" COM
>port. This application also uses the SdpoSerial component. So, I wanted
>to know it it also exhibits the problem that you described.

Oh, I see! After I was having the problems with the long list of
errors I now see only some maybe "normal" messages when I am trying
com ports that are already in use.
The dialog offers to "kill" the application, which I think is a bit on
the extreme side for entering a wrong number. But it appears to be
inside the SdpoSerial component because I get the same dialog if I try
with my program.

I have not been able to again trigger the strange window I saw the
other day, though...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden