[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:39:18 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-11 00:41, Bo Berglund het geskryf:
> But TSerial is the class name for the component and it is found by
> lazarus when I write the code, so why in heavens name does it not find
> it when compiling???????

As far as I know Lazarus uses CodeTools for code navigation - that is
different to the information used by the compiler (FPC) to compile your
project.

Select "Project -> Project Options -> Show Options" and have a look an
see if the path is indeed supplied and or correct, so FPC can find the
unit TSerial component resides in.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/