[Lazarus] New Form default properties

Alexsander Rosa alexsander.rosa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:52:21 CET 2011

And what about the file *$HOME/.lazarus/environmentoptions.xml* ?
According to unit *EnvironmentOpts* it can hold a "newformtemplate".
Is this a not-yet-implemented feature? If it is, how could I help finish it?

procedure TMainIDE.mnuNewFormClicked(Sender: TObject);
> var
>   Category: TNewIDEItemCategory;
>   Template: TNewIDEItemTemplate;
>   Desc: TProjectFileDescriptor;
>   Flags: TNewFlags;
> begin
>   Category:=NewIDEItems.FindByName(FileDescGroupName);
> *
> Template:=Category.FindTemplateByName(EnvironmentOptions.NewFormTemplate);
> *
>   if (Template is TNewItemProjectFile) and Template.VisibleInNewDialog then
>     Desc:=TNewItemProjectFile(Template).Descriptor
>   else
>     Desc:=FileDescriptorForm;
>   Flags:=[nfOpenInEditor,nfCreateDefaultSrc];
>   if (not Project1.IsVirtual) and
> EnvironmentOptions.AskForFilenameOnNewFile then
>     Flags:=Flags+[nfAskForFilename,nfSave];
>   Desc.Owner:=Project1;
>   try
>     DoNewEditorFile(Desc,'','',Flags);
>   finally
>     Desc.Owner:=nil;
>   end;
> end;

My .lazarus xml file does not have these tags.

2011/2/11 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:17:54 -0200
> Alexsander Rosa <alexsander.rosa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a place to define the "default" values for some Form properties
> > when a "New Form" is created by IDE?
> > I know I could use inheritance, but it seems a little overkill when all I
> > want is to define width and height properties.
>
> You can define your own forms, use the project templates, use the
> inherited form or patch the IDE.
> There is no "All I want to" thing.
> Defining some default values for component classes is a nice feature,
> but if you ask ten developers you get ten different ideas how to do
> that. That's why such a feature is better provided by a package.
>

> Mattias
>
> --

Atenciosamente,
Alexsander da Rosa