[Lazarus] Component rename in lazarus...

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Feb 14 18:23:18 CET 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:46:35 +0100
Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...] On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:40:17 +0100, Mattias Gaertner
> >I thought Delphi does that?
>
> Only for events that are linked to the component, like OnClick for a
> button. These change name when the button changes name. But no other
> references to the button name in code are fixed...

Strange. I wonder why.

> >> then the editor will immediately correct the case of the variables so
> >> the code comes out like this:
>[...]
> If I now put the cursor at the declaration name and hit Ctrl-Space a
> list is shown that starts with Date.

I meant if you use Ctrl+Space while writing code the case is
automatically copied from the declaration and the editor will
immediately correct the case.
For example:

var
  Date: string;
begin
  dat|

Ctrl+Space will fix this to "Date".

Note: As I wrote: automatic fixing of not touched code is not always
wanted.

>[...]

Mattias